Sunday, September 5, 2010

Father's Day

It's here! Hubby's first ever Father's Day! Hooray!

I wanted to make today special for Hubby so months ago (OK so maybe it was only two weeks) I started planning. I knew he wanted a whipper snipper but I couldn't remember which one - and it HAD to be a particular one that he'd been going on about for what seemed like years. I contacted the Father In Law thinking maybe he'd know which model I should buy and I was super happy when he told me the exact make and model to get. I was less happy though when I found out it was almost $600! I nearly fell off my chair. $600? Are you kidding?! There was no way I was going to be able to afford that plus I don't think I could bring myself to part with that much moolah for a piece of gardening equipment. My Mum said not to bother because it wasn't like we had a nice garden to start with - although if we had the whipper snipper maybe we would?

Hrmmm what to do? I asked Hubby if he truly believed that it was the thought behind the gift that counts. When he replied in the affirmative I smiled and said "Great, cos I wanted to get you this Super-Snazzy-Best-Garden-In-The-Street Whipper Snipper but I can't afford it. Happy Father's Day!" Then I told him not to worry, I would find something in the next few days plus I already had a nice card that he'd love... the look of guilt on his face said it all... He'd found the card the day before. Bugger! Then he said the nicest thing; "You gave me a baby, what more could I want?" All together now, 1, 2, 3: Awwwww! Isn't he the sweetest? Or maybe he's just buttering me up so that I buy the whipper snipper for Christmas?

I couldn't not get him something though so with four days to go it was time to put Plan B in to action! Plan B was actually going to be his birthday present for next year but I've got five months to think of a new one. I got him an awesome Fremantle Docker's weather proof jacket thinking that he can wear it to the games and in the mornings when he rides his bike to work. A present that is both cool (well actually it's warm) and useful - I knew I was on to a winner. The only problem was that on Saturday his team were in a knockout final... if they didn't win they wouldn't play another game until next year! I didn't know whether to give him the jacket right then while he watched his team or wait and just hope they pulled through. I decided to have faith in his "boys" and waited, and it paid off because they won!


So this morning when he woke up he got his card, his jacket (which he loves, yay!) and the obligatory "Super Dad" Toblerone that I hope he shares.

Happy first Father's Day, Hubby! You're the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are blogger crack.
Comments are taken through Disqus. If you don't see that here then please try another browser or device. Thanks x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...